Gone are the days when men used to color their beard just because it is greying though it still remains a big reason for using Beard Color. Now it is all about personality and looks. And it is a common knowledge that facial hair can potentially take on different shade than the hair on your head. So that is allowing everyone to experiment with different shades. We will look at some of the Best Beard Coloring Products in India.
Should I use Beard Color?
There are many reasons for you to consider using coloring your beard. Below are some of the common ones:
- Greying: This could be due to stress, ageing or vitamin deficiency. Greying could also get accelerated to external factors such as extreme exposure to sun, dust and pollution. While not necessarily a blow to one’s self-esteem, many simply want to preserve your youthful appearance for as long as possible.
- Patchy Appearance: Often beard hair is few shades lighter than hair on the head. This gives a unique look and sometimes could make you very attractive. However in few cases it might make it look patchy and add more years to your appearance.
- New Look: If you want to get a new look – may be for a job, party, vacation or any other excuses that you could make to color your beard!
Can’t I use Regular Hair Color for Beard?
Facial Hair has different texture and more importantly underlying skin is very sensitive. It has to be treated and nourished accordingly and hence there are beard oils and beard balms. Likewise there are exclusive colors/ dyes meant for Beard.
How to select Beard Color?
Well this is where we step in. There are multiple parameters and we will simplify.
- Permanent or Temporary: this is the first decision one need to make. Do you want to keep the color for longer period or something that you would last for couple of weeks. Permanent Color demands minimal to no maintenance whereas for Temporary Colors might require periodic frequent touch-ups depending on how often you wash your beard. Although temporary dye can be washed out more easily, it tends to give a far less vivid color than a strong permanent dye would produce.
- Color and Shade: if you choose the wrong color dye, your mistake is not something you can hide – well atleast not for a while. So is no surprise that color is the most important thing to consider when it comes to beard coloring. Few pro tips – it is best to choose a shade that matches your natural hair color. If the purpose is to hide grey hairs, choose a shade that is a few tones lighter than your natural beard. Choosing a slightly lighter color is much better than one that is way too dark. If you want heads to turn – mixing multiple colors together can give your colorful beard even more dimensions.
- Organic vs Chemical: There is a big movement on Organic Beard Color but we will leave the choice to you. In our opinion the outcome matters while being gentle to skin. As a best practice if you are using a new product that you have not tried before then consider doing an allergy or sensitivity test.
- Application Process: Another important factor is the application process. It should be simple and easy so that it can be applied while you are at home. Today there are gel based products as well as powders. Some beard dye applications contain a tube of base color and a tube of color developer, which thickens the solution and acts as filler. The preparation and application process varies from product to product so it is best to follow the steps recommended by the product vendor.
- Ingredients: Look for ingredients to suit your skin type- normal, oily, dry, acne-prone and so on. These days you can find beard colors with ingredients such as Aloe Extracts and Olive Oils.
How to prepare before applying Beard Color?
First put on an old shirt you don’t care about. Keep paper or wet wipes handy. If you accidentally splash any dye on your skin, you can wipe it off immediately. Latex gloves are another must-have when you are dying facial hair.
How to Dye Your Beard?
Generally speaking below steps are followed by regular users:
- Allergy/ sensitivity test – you can just apply the product on your skin and wait for 24 hours to see how your skin responds.
- Gently wash your beard preferably with a good beard shampoo
- Apply Vaseline or lotion on other parts of the face to keep the dye from staining
- Prepare and apply the dye as per manufacturer’s instructions. Always go through instructions found in the package and follow it as recommended.
- Wait and Wash – leave the application until you get the desired color. Once then gently wash it out. Use shampoo if required.
- Do not go out in the sun for few hours
With the above basics in place, now we will look at popular products. These are easily available in India and ships to your destination – Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, Chandigarh, Gurgaon or any location in India. So let’s get started.
Best Beard Coloring Product in India #1: Bigen Men’s Beard Color, Brownish Black B102
This product has great reviews by users and clearly winner in this space. There are multiple variations (shades) to choose from. The one which probably stands-out especially for Indian hair and skin tones is the Brownish Black. It perfectly covers grey without staining your skin. High viscosity cream covers your beard and wont drip. Easily apply to any part of your beard, even shorter bear styles and is specially enriched with Aloe Extract & Olive Oil.
Best Beard Coloring Product in India #2: Beardo Beard Color For Men – Natural Black
This product is fast catching up. While the regular hair colours are meant to be applied only on your crown and are unsafe to be used on face. Beardo beard colour has been specially formulated to be applied on facial hair. It is safe as it is ammonia-free and doesn’t have harsh chemicals that stain or damage The skin. It has a smooth texture and non-drip formula that gives 100 % grey coverage and works in just 10 minutes and lasts long.
Best Beard Coloring Product in India #3: Vegetal Safe Color for Beard, Soft Black
This product is made with 100 percent natural herbs and extracts like indigo, shikakai, Brahmi, manjistha and many more. It does not contain harmful chemical contents like ammonia, peroxide, and paraben. The product renders a lustrous natural color shade to your beard and moustache and offers maximum grey hair coverage offers full UV protection and prevents your beard hair from getting sun damaged. Also shields your beard and moustache hair from getting affected due to external pollution, dust, and dirt absolutely friendly to your skin and hair.
Best Beard Coloring Product in India #4: Brahma Bull Organic Beard Color
This is an amazing product rich with Henna, Brahimi, Shikakai, Neem and Aloe. It is totally Organic & has no PPD or Ammonia. Best part is it doesn’t stain the skin and is easy to wash. Typically the color stays for 2-3 weeks per use depending on Beard Growth level.
Best Beard Coloring Product in India #5: Cenizas Indigo Powder For Hair & Beard Dye
This product is an excellent product for those who are sensitive and allergic to chemical based beard colors. Most black hair dyes contain PPD, a dangerous chemical that can cause allergic reactions but Cenizas Indigo Powder you don’t have to worry about that as it is made from natural indigo plant leaves. Cenizas specializes in manufacturing this powder during extremely favorable conditions from the land of exquisite spices, India. Cenizas Indigo Powder is a unique combination of indigo powder, henna powder, hibiscus powder, black tea, amla, brahmi, shikakai and aloe Vera. This 100% pure and herbal powder works as a natural hair dye and is widely used to color your hair and beard naturally. Derived from a plant and with zero chemicals this powder is safe for use. Indigo leaf powder is an alternative to hair dyes.
Best Beard Coloring Product in India #6: Narbada Ayurveda Indigo Herbal Hair & Beard Color Powder
Narbada Ayurveda Indigo powder is a herbal hair & beard dye, which helps you to color your hair & beard without any damage and side effects. It gives a shiny blackish color to your hair & beard and is also used or its cooling properties. Narbada Ayurveda Indigo Powder is free from any chemical adulteration. Mix the Indigo Powder with henna in different proportions that will yield beautiful shades like medium brown, light brown, dark brown and darker shades of brown and black cherry. If you want black color, make sure to use indigo powder after applying henna. For reddish tinge color, you can mix both henna and indigo together in equal proportion and apply. After 48 hours the hair color darkens and you can see the difference in the color of your hair & beard.
Best Beard Coloring Product in India #7: The Henna Guys – Jet Black Henna Hair & Beard Color
The Henna Guys product has great reviews and is a 100% natural, cruelty free, 100% vegan, pesticides free, zero chemicals and zero metallic salts. Basically all the good stuff that you know or heard about. This is a fantastic alternative to chemical based beard color.
Best Beard Coloring Product in India #8: Aromatique Natural Indigo Powder for Hair & Beard Color
Aromatique’s Indigo Powder is 100% pure and herbal Indigo. It is a Natural Dye to color Beard naturally and can be used with or without Henna. It is safe to use as it is derived from a plant and so chemical free. A Base coat of Henna and a Second Coat of Indigo gives a lasting Natural Black Color to the Hair. Many People know Indigo as black henna but Generally it gives a blue dye even though it looks just like henna. When used with natural henna powder it gives a dark brown to shiny black color. Most black hair dyes contain PPD, a dangerous chemical that can cause allergic reactions but Indigo being natural plant leaves has no side effects and allergic reactions.
With so many options that we have shared you probably will not go wrong in selecting what is right for you. So go ahead and color your beard!