If you are looking for beard oils that will help increase beard density then you are at the right place. We have curated list of Best Beard Oil for Growth and Thickness that are easily available in India. Beard Growth Oil should be used regularly but the same time it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you are new to beard oils do checkout our earlier article on Best Beard Oils in India.
Beard Growth Oil vs Beard Oil
It is important to understand this difference. Beard Oil is a generic product suite that is caters to wide array of needs. Beard Oils could be meant for beard/hair softening, control beardruff, reduce skin itchiness or irritation, growth and so on. However Beard Growth Oil heavily focuses on promoting beard growth. Often the difference between beard oils and beard growth oils is found on the label itself. Think Beard Growth Oil as a specialized form of Beard Oil.
Is Beard Growth Oil Effective?
It is a well-known fact that everyone responds differently to an active ingredients in any product. The same is true to beard growth oil. It is also useful to know the root cause of slow or patchy beard growth. Often it could be because of genetics or hormones in the body or skin conditions or protein or vitamin deficiency. While you can’t fix your genes there are other things which are still in your control. Apart from using Beard Growth Oil that matches your needs ensure you balance it with healthy diet and exercise. You are what you eat and so is your beard. Fact is that there are many foods that helps maintain healthy facial hair. Some foods impact your hormone levels, others provide vital nutrients such as proteins and vitamins to the follicles.
When not to use Beard Growth Oil?
This is important to note. If you are on prescription medication for hair growth/baldness or an active skin condition then pause. We do not recommend using any Beard Growth Oil during the course of treatment. Also if you develop allergic reaction to any of the product then stop using it and consult your doctor.
How to apply Beard Growth Oil?
- Always wash your beard and wash to remove sweat and grease. If you are at home then try steaming to help remove grease and open up pores. Wait for few minutes to ensure your face and beard is dry.
- Put few drop of beard growth oil on your palm. Of course the quantity would depend on length and density of your beard.
- Rub the oil between your palms and apply it gently to the beard. Massage the area till it gets absorbed. If you have a very long beard you might consider combing once the application is done.
How to Select Best Beard Growth Oil?
We will try to simplify this part. The selection can have many parameters – price, ingredient, availability, fragrance and so on. We will give more importance to ingredients and then shortlist set of products that you can easily order in India. There are been wide range of studies over many years on the efficacy of some of the naturally available essential oils. We have compiled a list of commercial beard growth oils use some of these ingredients.
Key Ingredients in an Good Beard Growth Oil
- Jojoba Oil: The Jojoba plant (pronounced “ho-ho-buh”) known as the Simmondsia chinensis. This oil was used for hundreds of years. Jojoba is rich in vitamins and minerals that nourish hair, including vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin E and zinc. Because it strengthens hair, it is also thought that jojoba oil can prevent hair loss and promote hair thickness. The idea behind this is that the oil moisturizes hair follicles, which prevents dryness that leads to hair loss.
- Lavender Oil: This essential oil recently gained popularity for its benefits on hair. According to a study (research paper link) conducted in 2016 on animals, through which researchers highlighted Hair Growth-Promoting Effects of Lavender Oil
- Hibiscus Oil: It is extracted from the flowers and leaves of the hibiscus plant. The oil extracted from the hibiscus flower is rich in antioxidants, Vitamins A, Vitamin C and Amino Acids. Hibiscus oil is said to boost hair growth, reduce dandruff, make your hair thicker and reduce premature greying.
- Peppermint Oil: Peppermint oil is derived from the peppermint plant that is commonly found in North America and Europe. Like Lavender Oil there is research on animals through which researchers concluded ‘Peppermint Oil Promotes Hair Growth without Toxic Signs’. This is great news and let’s hope this works on humans too 🙂
- Redensyl®: It is a hair care ingredient developed by Induchem Companies. It acts as a hair growth galvanizer by reactivating hair follicles stem cells and dermal papilla fibroblasts. So we will expand our research on products which has this active ingredient for hair growth.
- Argan Oil: Argan trees grow and tenaciously survive in semi-desert areas of the Mediterranean. Argan oil is harvested and extracted from the nut of the argan tree. It has fatty acids and powerful antioxidants, such as vitamin E, that have been shown to have benefits for scalp and hair.
So apart from Lavender Oil, Peppermint Oil and Redensyl® there is no proven evidence that Jojoba Oil, Hibiscus Oil, Argan Oil can actually increase hair growth. However the good properties such as moisturizing effect, anti-bacterial, vitamins in these oils help nourish the skin and hair to promote hair growth and to arrest hair loss.
Best Beard Oil for Growth and Thickness in India 2020
Now we will look at products that has above ingredients. And yes, as always we will pick only those products which are easily available in India and ships to your destination – Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, Chandigarh, Gurgaon or any location in India. So let’s get started.
For the busy and the restless below is a summary of products.
We will keep our eyes and minds open to review more products and share our views for the benefit India’s beard tribe.